Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas!




So I have not posted anything new for quite a while, just because I have not been in a very picture taking mood lately. So now you just get to read everything!! YAY!

David had to work graveyard Christmas Eve, AND Christmas day! I was so mad!! but of course, he just works when ever they want him without any complaint. We had enough to spend $100 on each other this year, I got my shopping done the first week, Braxton and Maren even helped pick out some of his stuff! David on the other hand, finished his shopping I think a day or two before Christmas. My favorite present was the necklace up there (minus the diamonds) every time the commercial would come on for them I would say how much I liked them, but him and Ryan would say oh they look like t & a.

I got David a nintendo 64 with 4 paddles and lots of games. but my favorite that I bought him is a pair of pants that he cant sag!! YAAY!! Now when he wears his new pants he cant show off his butt!!
SO the plan for Christmas was, I sleep all night till he got home from work. He would then wake me up at 6 we would open presents and maybe take a nap till 10 when we were to head off to start the festivities of the day. Did that happen??? NO!
I bought his 64 off craigslist from a little boy in salt lake, but the cords that plug it into the tv were broken. My friend was supposed to order one online for me and it didnt show up till Christmas Eve!! So Ryan took me up to her house to get it, and we just had to test it out to make sure it worked, then we wrapped it. We didnt get home till around 1 or 2 and it was snowing really bad, so Ryan decided to stay the night. We sat up with David at work for a while, I wanted to go to bed but Ryan kept me awake till 530 and I just stayed awake the rest of the time.
David came home at 6, we opened presents and stockings and played with his games for a while. When 8 came around I was a zombie!! So we took a little 2 hour nap, luckily my mom was running behind so we had a little extra time to get ready. By 11 we were out the door and on our way to brunch with my moms side of the family.
My uncle David makes scrabble every year. It is something that unless you were raised on, you wont like! Its pretty much liver, corn meal and something else I dont know I dont make it. But there were eggs and bacon and that was it! Usually they also make pancakes and french toast and the works...not this year. My grandma passed out her regiftable gifts to everyone. Mine was pretty good this year, she bought us a new waffle maker! We ended up staying there FOREVER!!
I took about an hour nap, but everyone else sat around talking and joking and just being my weird family.
We went straight from that party to my other grandmas house to see my dad. We did drop David off to take a nap tho it was around 4 I think. My grama usually does a full dinner on Christmas, but we did our Christmas party the sunday before, so no food :( My dad spoils me every year. I got new pajamas which I have prob been wearing every day since! Slippers, the game Apples to Apples. And a card with some cash in it. I was still running on 3 hours of naps so I left a little early and came home and went to bed. There was another dinner planned at 6 with my moms extended family and all the amazing food I missed at Thanksgiving...but David and I were so tired we canceled and ate frozen barritos and went to bed. He went to work and I slept the rest of the night.

Oh I forgot to put first that Christmas Eve my mom did a family dinner. She stuffed a stocking for all of us, we all got a movie. She has been saving my baby clothes from when I was little so all my Christmas presents were bags full of stuff that I wore. My favorites are my old petty coats to put under the millions of dresses she forced me into, and my blessing blanket. My great grandma crocheted it for me, so it is very special!

The day after Christmas we just sat around home and relaxed and did nothing! It was great!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home