Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pumpkin carving!


My grandma who still lives on the farm lets people sell things out front in our little produce stand thing, where we used to sell corn. Anyway someone brought over a giant trailer full of pumpkins and said he didnt want them so we could sell them or just get rid of them. They sold most of them but still had a ton left so we went out there with my mom her boyfriend and Austin and picked the biggest ones to carve. See how we are right by the oven?? My grandma was making baked apples (SOOOOOO GOOD!) and we were all melting because it was soooo hot!



Austins arms were getting tired from scrubbing all the guts out so this is what he looked like for about 15 min.



You cant see very good in any of the pics, but my mom drew snoopy on Austins pumpkin and it turned out awesome!



Here it is in the light



David of course did a peace sign



From left to right is my moms boyfriends, just a scary face, mine came out horrible it says Marlee with a bottle in the middle and little stars around it, and my moms is an owl, this is a crappy pic but it turned out really cool too.



Another close up of Davids



This is where they sit outside our house up the stairs, they are all sunken in now tho :(



Milly the halloween cat sticking out her tongue



She likes the pumpkins




A few days before my aunt Margaret wanted to take us out to lunch for our anniversary present. I didnt know people bought couples stuff for anniversaries? My family was really big on it anyway, so at first we tried going to the new Olive Garden that opened up in American Fork, but at 12 in the afternoon there was still a 45 min wait! So we just went to the Asian buffet.



I wish I would have taken the camera inside with us because Maddie is usually REALLY shy, but after she ate a little bit she opened up and talked our ears off! She is the complete opposite of Talea, she is terrified of bugs! There were flies buzzing around and anytime she saw one she would point at it and say scary!! She got along with David great!

Oh and i didnt take any pictures becuase they dont turn out anyway, but last night was Austins last game, he made it to the championships! Unfortunately the refs were paid off by the other team i swear! I think they called maybe 2 things on them the entire game. Our team could not gain a yard without having something called on us! The lehi crowds by the end were just screaming at the refs the entire time, the coach got a technical and when they blew the whistles for the end of the game they ran out of the stadium because they were so afraid of the lehi moms lol. It was upsetting, but at least we know why they lost!

3 Comments:

At October 30, 2008 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Tiana Johnson said...

I SWEAR Maddie is exactly like what I picture Marlee to look like in a little while. Maddie looks so much like you!!! Tilly can teach her a few things about bugs that will help her like them.

 
At October 30, 2008 at 8:16 PM , Blogger The Not-a-hoes said...

haha i think it must be the chubby cheeks. all of my aunts kids looked a lot like me and my brothers as babies, but now look nothing like us!

 
At October 30, 2008 at 9:42 PM , Blogger John-Maren Goodman said...

I agree with Tiana! I was thinking "I wonder if Marlee will look anything like that, because she is dang cute." Marlee will be Cute either way cuz she is my niece!! Love you guys! PS if your home on saturday well bring over the furniture I promised you, and you can have the desk if you have room for it!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home