Monday, December 8, 2008

Star and Braxton come for a visit


The other day Maren and Teresa wanted to go out to get their nails done, so they asked if we could babysit. I LOVE babysitting the kids because its pretty much the only time I get to spend with them....anyway on their way over David asked them to pick up Mcdonalds (YUCK) Braxton got very attached to his own box of fries and would not put them down for a long time...he would share with Star but not us.
After a while, he was trying to play and hold them at the same time and this was the result....it was cute because for about 5 min he didnt even notice he was holding the box upside down and all the fries spilled out. We missed that picture.



We wouldnt let him eat the ones off the floor, so he was picking up the ones on top of the pile and stuffing them in his face as fast as he could. He had chipmunk cheeks and couldnt fit anymore in his mouth!



We put on Polar Express for them, but they were NOT interested in a movie. Our house isnt really made to entertain little kids. We have zero toys and its tiny and cramped. So they sat there as best they could before they started looking for things they could use as toys....



The phone was great for a while.......




Then they found the balls...a few footballs, a volleyball and this nerf ball. Braxton used it as a golf club or something and started swinging at everything....so we decided it was time to go outside. They ran around and kicked and threw the balls every where. Braxton actually let me pick him up and race him. Star is just a self entertainer, until she wanted to be thrown in the air and spun around. Braxtons most used phrase was "I WIN!" They both had a few trips and hits with the ball but they were tuff and kept running around. I dont remember why, maybe it was potty breaks but we had to force them to come back inside. Braxton wasnt too happy for a while...but a few tickles and he was happy again.



Star and I started to get VERY tired, Braxton found the chapstick. At first he picked it up once put it on and walked away. Then he would come back and get it every few min. Then he started putting it on Star.



I got her a little bottle so maybe she could fall asleep, she kept laying down every where and her eyes were opening and closing, so i grabbed her and started falling asleep with her. Little did I know while we were dozing off Braxton had decided he liked the chapstick enough to eat it! Perfect timing for his mom to walk in! I swear he wasnt eating non edible things the entire time Maren! It was fun playing with them, we even got them for 2 hours more than expected! We will need to take them more often.

5 Comments:

At December 8, 2008 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Tiana Johnson said...

Man, I wish I had babysitters close! And nieces and nephews!

 
At December 9, 2008 at 10:05 AM , Blogger John-Maren Goodman said...

I was soo grateful for you two that day! I need a little break, and some indulgence! Plus I know they had soo much fun!! Thank you guys!

 
At December 15, 2008 at 7:08 PM , Blogger Tiana Johnson said...

regarding your last comment:
Sorry! I think I "just wait"ed you twice while I was out there (about the wet belly and all). It's hard not to do that to a first timer because you have no idea what you're in for...with labor or pregnancy, so people who have had kids already feel they have a lot to share with you for insight and preparation. I thought some prego advice was annoying (usually my mom's because she's the type who one ups you), but actually it has come in handy. Some ladies warned me about my swelling with Tilly when my doctor downplayed it, and sure enough, the women were right. I got toxemia afterall. I think it's hard for women to NOT push their stories on other pregos because it's such a huge experience in their life that they don't get validated as much as other things like a wedding or something, and if they've done it more than once, they have a lot to share and are excited to share their personal experiences. You may find that once you've had one, you may find yourself restraining against giving advice. I find that the more I have, the more I have to bite my tongue, but I still end up one of those "just wait"ers still sometimes. I didn't even realize I do that before you mentioned the "just wait" thing, and then I remembered doing it. Maybe you'll be better than most of us and not do that since it bugs you. :) You're pretty down to earth and quiet though, so you'll probably be very pleasant to go to for advice.

 
At December 30, 2008 at 12:24 AM , Blogger Christina said...

christinapackhamspot.blogspot.com Dave said that I should leave my site. I put a link to your page on my page. Your blog is cute!

 
At January 2, 2009 at 12:32 AM , Blogger Teresa Jolley said...

I'm so glad you babysat for us. WE had a nice little outing without the kids. that was very sweet of you to do that for us. Pretty soon you'll have your own though so you better enjoy what time you have left. Thank you, your the best. Love you :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home