Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas with the Cardons


My dads side of the family decided to do Christmas the Sunday before, and they were not doing presents this year so all the sister-in-laws and only sister decided to do presents for each other. My dads wife wasnt going to leave me out tho and she bought me an under shirt and a really cute preggo shirt, and some cocoa butter and oil stuff that makes your stretch marks stop itching.




My little cousins decided they wanted every one to play games while they had a lot of people to play them. There was a guess how many marbles are in the jar thing, a foose ball tournament, and whack the cracker. Every one had to tie a cracker to their back belt loop, they were all armed with a paper rolled into a sword. The goal was to try to keep your cracker away from every one else whacking at it. I didnt play, but it was very entertaining to watch!
David and Austin were partners in the foose ball tournament and came in second place. I forgot who won the guessing game, but I was waaay off!

My dad and his wife decided they wanted to play another game and they provided all the prizes. There was a giant box of prizes wrapped up like white elephant gifts. Every one took a turn rolling the dice and if they added up to be a 6 you got to pick a prize. Or if there was a 6 or even 2 6s then you got a prize or two. Then you had to open it in front of every one. If there was some thing you wanted that some one else had you could steal the gift, but each item could only be stolen twice.
My first 2 rolls I got sixes and both prizes were stolen from me, one of them was a small purse with money sticking out the top. My cousin Ashlee stole it from me (we are the exact same age, and she is really competitive) so my dad stole it back from her and snuck it back to me. I ended up stealing food in the end. The best present was a cute stuffed teddy bear, one of my aunts got it, and when it came time to steal it she threw a huge fit in front of every one and wouldnt let anybody steal the teddy bear. It got a few people really upset because my cousin has a baby who is almost 1 and she and her mom wanted the bear for her, and David and I wanted it for Marlee, but no one was able to steal it from her. My dad told me later that they got the bear for a dollar at the dollar store so they were laughing the whole time every one was fighting over it. They ended up going back to get another one for my whiney cousin the next day for Christmas.


My cousins put on a little play and we sang Christmas carols, then David ran off to play with the kids (the oldest is 10 I think) the rest of the adults sat around and listened to Christmas music and danced a little.


It was also Davids b-day party from my family, he had a cake and candles. My dad has a sweater thing just like the one David is wearing in this pic, we saw my dad wearing his at one of Austins football games clear back in October and David really liked it. So when my step mom went to Mexico just recently she bought him his own and that was his b-day present.

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 at 1:22 AM , Blogger Christina said...

It looks like Christmas was fun for the both of you. I put in my 2 weeks! I asked to go PRN. I am so excited to only work 1 job. Keep in touch. I can't wait to see what your baby girl looks like.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home