Wednesday, October 22, 2008

1 year down, a lifetime to go!


I dont know if I have complained about this before, but we never got any of our wedding cake, besides what was smashed in our faces. So my dads friend made our cake, and I asked him if she could redo it for us. She made it bigger than the top layer, but its ok because I will eat it all anyway. We decided since it was so big we didnt want to take the whole thing with us to the bed and breakfast for 2 days, so we cut out some pieces and my aunt took it home for us.


We had fun pretending to cut it like at our wedding again.



We left straight from my dads house after the family party to the Armstrong Mansion. I LOVE this place! It is so much better, in my opinion, than Anniversary Inn. (its cheaper too!)



This is our huge jetted tub!



And our bed with all the old homey furniture. Yes that is a Mcdonalds bag on the bed. Its a really funny story. We were starving again when we got to the mansion so we just started walking to find something to eat. The closest thing we could find was Mcdonalds so we went in and got it and headed back home. On the way I remembered that after our wedding reception, neither of us ate anything there so we were both starving on the way up to salt lake so we stopped at a Mcdonalds on the way to Anniversary Inn, which is on the same block as Armstrong Mansion. So it is very possible that not only did we bring up the same tradition of Mcdonalds on the wedding anniversary, but it may have been the exact same Mcdonalds!



Its midnight and it has officially been 1 year! the cake made a great midnight snack!



October 20th....we had an amazingly delicious breakfast, we didnt take any pictures which I am a little upset about. Its such a fancy place, we didnt get breakfast in bed, but it was a way better menu than the AI. We had stuffed french toast, fruit, cereal, triffle, toast, pulpy orange juice. (that is my biggest craving! I usually hate pulp but i cant get enough of it now) I didnt get enough sleep, being prego it is impossible for me to sleep a whole night thru so we went back upstairs and took a nap before heading out to Trolley Square for lunch.

We ate at the Old Spagetti Factory. They even let us sit in the big king and queen velvet red chairs. There was a really hot busser boy that even David had to check out a few times. The meal was awesome, but like we always do when we go out..we ate less than half and ended up taking the rest home. Then we went to the taffy shop and got ice cream, and chocolate covered cinnamon bears.



We didnt go on the horse and buggy ride, instead we HAD to go to Austins biggest game against the only undefeated team in his league. They lost, but they are still in the playoffs. Only 4 teams made it and 2 of them are the only 2 teams they lost to. No idea when those games will be, but we will be going to them too.

This is David taking a picture of himself outside of the Mansion.



And me freezing waiting for my dad to take us to the game. Next year we will have our own car. It is really frusterating to have to have someone take us everywhere like we are 12 again. All in all this was the get away we needed before the baby comes! I loved it and cant wait to see what we do next year.

3 Comments:

At October 22, 2008 at 8:30 PM , Blogger John-Maren Goodman said...

I got a giddy feeling reading this, realizing that you two have been married for 1yr, and going to have a baby soon!! Wow, that was like me and john! Congrats guys. I love you and am so happy for you! Can't wait to meet my neice!~

 
At October 26, 2008 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Tiana Johnson said...

OK you guys got us beat for anniversaries Tiana and I never do anything. Also dave, I remember awhile back you mentioned that I needed a haircut. Well you got some facial hair that looks like it belongs down south on your body. Give it a few more years dude when you become a big boy now.jkjkjkjkjk Love Ya
Hyrum

 
At October 29, 2008 at 11:11 AM , Blogger Teresa Jolley said...

I'm jealous. We have never done anything for an anniversary or even our honeymoon for that matter, I guess the 2nd time around doesn't count?? It should.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home