Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Bday Austin!!


For Austins b-day the night before we went to the Thanksgiving Point Scarecrow festival and corn maze. It was tons of fun! We were there for about 3 hours in the freezing cold, but were so entertained we hardly noticed our frozen faces. I brought my old friend Linzey along, we went to high school together and havnt seen each other for a while so I thought it was about time I get a social life back.



Here we are lost in the corn maze. We had the option of choosing the phase that took 20 min or 45 min. Of course David had to do the 45 min maze in the dark and freezing cold. We all had glow sticks tho so at least we had some sort of light. The maze is a tribute to David Archuletta, if thats how you spell his name. Anyway they had his music blasting thru the entire maze and I about died. It was like a form of torture. I hate american idol and yes the kid has a great voice, but not while walking thru a maze.



There was a giant pyramid of really cool carved pumpkins, you cant really see them because it was too dark but they had a wall of pirates of the carribean that were really good. I didnt really look at too many others, there were a lot of disney and creepy monsters.



This was more for little kids but hey David and Austin pretty much are little kids! They were practicing their lasso skills. Austin had to show David how to do it....



But David actually sat on the saddle while he did it. I didnt take a pic but he did get the bull.



They had an over sized chair that was fun to climb up and take pictures on.




On the way to Thanksgiving Point we were all squished in the back seat, we tried to show you how squishy we were but couldnt get the camera far away enough for the other 2 to get in the pic. Instead we ended up looking like a big gulp advertisement.



My mom and her new boyfriend thing from New Jersey. She cant seem to find any one to date in Utah so she ends up relying on the computer. They always turn up to be dorks in the end, but at least they are nice to us, or at least pretend to be? Very touchy subject that I could rant on for a while, but I wont. She just wasnt with us for most of the night but thats ok we like spending time with Austin anyway.



My mom was the only one who would put her head in at first.



Then every one else joined in! Its usually really difficult to get Austin to do anything silly like this, he is 14 and in his "too cool" stage, but as soon as he sees David doing it he will jump in, they are getting to be really good friends these days.




This was the pretty pumpkin princess area, they had dresses for little girls to dress up like princesses and wigs and tiaras, we all put on a wig and jumped in the cinderella pumpkin to take a picture with the princess. David and Austin look like cavemen.

Austin ended up staying the night at our house, it was his fall break so he had no school. Friday was his birthday and to celebrate it my mom took off to Idaho with her new boy guy so we ended up giving Austin his birthday. We bought him a cake and cake and ice cream, then took him shopping to get a new hoodie. We didnt make it to a movie that night so the next night David and Ryan took him to see one I didnt want to see, it ended up I was right and they didnt like it. Im glad he enjoyed his birthday tho. I remember when my mom would plan other things on my birthdays and they were all horrible. I believed it was a cursed day untill this last year, I finally broke the curse. I guess 2 deaths on the one before was the deal breaker. My granpa and Davids dad passed away on my 19th b-day so now its not only a bday its also a memorial day. I guess it just means im extra special and it was my grampas way of telling me I was his favorite :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home